Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What I did for half the summer

As most know, I was gone most of the summer helping my mom with her business and working the fairs with her. (The few weeks I was home I worked on and went to girls camp) It was really fun for the most part. A couple days at the fair were really long, but it was still interesting to meet new people. Everyone I met working booths was wonderful and we made some good friends.



This was at the Clackamas County fair. Evidentally my little miss is quite the sales woman. She would walk around in the isle asking if people had see the Miche purse and did they want to hear about it. She would concoct signs, call out, and model the purses. She could get the whole pitch out word perfect in just a couple of minutes. Well, at the Clackamas fair, (I am sure all the fairs) they would go around and judge the booths on appearance, how well the people looked and acted, how the pitch went, etc. Mom had to run somewhere quick and the judges came around while she was gone. No sweat to Goose. She gave the whole pitch, modeled the purse, etc. The judges went on. They came back later that day and awarded our booth second place. It was nicely laid out, but they said that Goose was the reason we won. She knew all about the purse, how to take care of it, gave the pitch, showed it, etc. How cute is that??? I never knew she would go into sales, but evidentally she is destined to follow her uncle Bradley into the profession.


There I am showing off my living quarters for half of the summer. An 8x8 or 10x10 booth on a concrete floor. It was a fun experience and fun to work with my mom. It was neat to see just how friendly most people are. Especially the other vendors. When you are there working a booth all alone for 12 hours, its great to have the person next to you watch so you can take a food or restroom break. What an interesting summer!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so sorry we didn't get together while you were here. I just saw you briefly at the wedding. I am a total loser. I hope you had fun here and we'll get together next time.