Monday, May 25, 2009

Hospital Teddy Bear Clinic

I know it has been forever. Sorry. Every year the hospital puts on a clinic for children so they aren't so scared of doctors and hospitals. They have children bring their favorite stuffed animal. Goose brought Chocolate Fudge Truffle Brownie, yes, that is her name and yes, she is completely addicted to sweets. However, when she was 2 and it was just brown puppy, it was lack of ability to come up with names. Brownie, for short, has been around for about 7 1/2 years now.



Well, Brownie came with us to the clinic. This is the first time we got to go. She had falled off of Goose' bed and broke her arm. The clinic was SO fun, even with the long lines. They did almost everything that would happen in a normal hospital, sans needles. She was checked in, given an arm band, had her arm casted, and had an x ray. That was a fun room. They had pictures to show of someone who put a nail through their foot, a shoe, and a mama kitten with lots of babies in her tummy. We got to see a surgical room, get masked and have hair nets put on, blood pressure taken, weighed and measured like a newborn, so much to do! And we even got free milk and cookies at the end. Thank you everyone from the hospital who helped! It was such a great experience. It really helps children understand better what happens and why they don't need to be scared. And who knows... in a few years maybe I will get to help work it!

4 comments:

Jared and Amy said...

Can't wait until my baby is big enough to go! If we live here that long!! :) In my dreams right?? :)

Rachel said...

a puppy after my own heart...of course mine would be named white chocolate truffle bunny. Goose is darling as ever. when are you visting again? for longer this time!

Rebecca said...

Jen, your trip looked like so much fun. I loved all the animals, my kids would be jealous if I let them see the photos. Can't wait to see you soon at the reunion!

Brad + Lauren said...

that is so fun! I remember doing something like that when I was little... very cool. We're looking forward to your arrival soon!