Monday, October 12, 2009

Lake Merwin

I think we all need our quiet, happy places. For me, it is Lake Merwin with its beautiful green trees and bushes, quiet lake in the mountains, and cute deer running around. This is where I "go" when I am in the hospital or have my bp taken. I could spend hours just sitting at the lake or camp site.




Bradley and Lauren relax in the hammock for a few minutes after dinner.

Isn't it beautiful with all of the trees surrounding it?






Goose playing at the lake, and Kayleigh feeding fritos to one of the friendly mother deer. And right behind momma came two shy little babies. They were SO cute with their little speckles and skinny legs. These were up by the indoor pool area. We had to go "check the hours" while Jordan hid a surprise.

















Here's another fun deer by the campsite. Goose thought it was SO fun to feed her right from her hand.




































The boys let Goose help put up the tent (and then she loved playing in it). Talk about a team effort... and a little patience with the short one. She has so much fun with her uncles!










My nephew got to try licorice for the first time. He LOVED it, of course! He only got a couple tastes, and he was so cute with it. What a sweet baby! I miss him tons.








Goose and I had to cuddle in the hammock, and couldn't leave Kayleigh out. Nothing says getting to know you like climbing in a hammock with two almost strangers.








Jordan and his at that moment girlfriend... wait about half an hour and things change.















The boys cooked dinner for us. Watermelon, hamburgers, hotdogs, all the good stuff. And if you look close, you can see all the necessities of camping...


The laptop for movies.

The big white sheet hung between the back of Jordan's Tahoe and the tree next to it for movies later that night with the projector, hammocks, etc. Who says you have to rough it when you camp???



Lauren and Kayleigh getting a little too close, or not. Just messing around for the picture.




















Ok, so not just one hammock, but two.











Isn't this gorgeous? It was a great day to go play at the lake. Goose stayed the night with her uncles and aunts, and I got to bring my nephew back with me to the house for the night. Kayleigh got a surprise engagement ring (I wish I had the pictures, it was so cute!) and we got a new sister. Jordan hid a box under an old, rotting tree and told her he had buried it before his mission and would she like to help dig it back out. They did and took it in the tent. Inside there were old pictures, and other things that reminded him of high school and in the bottom was a pretty, little velvet box. She had NO idea and was SO excited. Lots of screaming and crying and pictures later, I have a new sis to be (hopefully in June). Now if we could only get them out of Minnesota and out to Washington.
I had always heard horror stories about sisters and brothers in law, so was kind of worried about what would happen when my brothers found women to marry. Would we get along? Would they be monsters? Controlling and never let us see the boys? I don't know what people were talking about or what I had to worry about. I love both Lauren and Kayleigh as much as if they had been born my biological sisters. Both of them have real sisters of their own, but these are my first and I am SO grateful for them and they are great to put up with me. They are both perfect for each of the boys they married/are marrying and each bring different, fun, needed things to the family. We have fun the little bit we get to be together and they are great with Goose. However, they make me feel SO old since they are just young'uns.... lol. Lu is 8 years younger, and Kayleigh 10 years younger than myself. I can't wait til Thanksgiving when we can have some more fun together.

I can't wait to go back to Lake Merwin. It is one of my happiest places ever. We all need places like that. I just wish I could get to my favorite place more than once every year or two.

0 comments: