Saturday, August 28, 2010

Multnomah Falls

Before leaving home last time we visited, Goose and I conned Grandpa into hiking Multnomah Falls with us. Confession time. I had never been to the top of the falls.



Grandpa knows all the cool trails, and is in MUCH better shape, so he led the way. First we had to get pictures at the beginning of the trail.






Itty Bitty did great. She either looked around, or slept most of the time. That would be the way to go! Hang out and catch a ride the whole way.

Grandpa and Goose attempting to get through the crowds at the bridge.


Unfortunately, hiking is not something we are able to do often, even though we love it therefore, Goose was pretty out of shape and had to be encouraged up the hill.






I love the view looking upward. This is how hiking and home is SUPPOSED to look!
Goose was SO happy and proud to have made it to the point we had to turn around.






















Grandpa was teaching Goose about the laws of nature and how to leave no trace.










The view from the top of the falls was amazing. The gorge looked so peaceful and
























It was such a gorgeous day out there. The only problem was how crowded it was! I guess everyone thought it was a great day for hiking. I am hoping to make it more of a tradition to con grandpa into taking us for more hikes. There are beautiful places to go and we need to start exploring them. Next up is Hamilton Mountain. Anyone up for going with us?





1 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha dad would teach her about "leave no trace" sounds like she is on her way to a merit badge now ;) the hike looked beautiful I wish I wasnt to lazy and enjoyed stuff like that more. Glad itty bitty did well I hope you get good use out of that pack! miss you sooooooooooo much