Having a new baby in the house has certainly been a change, but we are loving it. Taking care of a baby is slowly coming back to me and I am SO glad I don't have to be in school right now! As you can see from the picture, baby just loves to be naked.... changing diapers sounds like you are trying to torture her to death, baths the same. Its actually pretty funny, except when I think she is waking everyone in the middle of the night.
It has been a quick week with lots of cuddling from the whole family. I can't believe she is a week old already. Time is going too fast for me.
She has started opening her eyes more the last couple days. Last night she thought it would be fun to be awake at 11. Yay...

Pepper LOVES baby. She cuddles her, is the first to the bouncy seat when she cries, stops to "sniff" check her every time pep walks by baby, its so cute! And little does the dog know, in a few months, she won't love baby so much.


Lots of pictures are from our bed, or her bouncy seat, which are the two places she sleeps second most (when I am trying to feed her is where she sleeps THE most!)

She looked so cute that day, in her little froggy shirt and tiny jeans.

And goose took the picture of her wrapped up in her bouncy seat. Goose LOVES her little sister. she holds her all the time, carries her around the house, helps with diapers (that aren't messy), makes sure she's warm enough, and just helps take care of baby. She is the best big sister, however, she does have her moments. The other day a friend took Goose swimming and I just said I would miss her that afternoon and Goose turns to me and says (imagine the pre-teen voice), "Well, I deserve a day off once in a while too!" Ugh. There are some fun years ahead of us. But for now, we will enjoy every minute we can get of helping and happiness. As I type this, Goose has baby in her hammock in the bedroom, sleeping on her chest, while Goose reads a book. SO CUTE!

Lots of pictures are from our bed, or her bouncy seat, which are the two places she sleeps second most (when I am trying to feed her is where she sleeps THE most!)
She looked so cute that day, in her little froggy shirt and tiny jeans.
And goose took the picture of her wrapped up in her bouncy seat. Goose LOVES her little sister. she holds her all the time, carries her around the house, helps with diapers (that aren't messy), makes sure she's warm enough, and just helps take care of baby. She is the best big sister, however, she does have her moments. The other day a friend took Goose swimming and I just said I would miss her that afternoon and Goose turns to me and says (imagine the pre-teen voice), "Well, I deserve a day off once in a while too!" Ugh. There are some fun years ahead of us. But for now, we will enjoy every minute we can get of helping and happiness. As I type this, Goose has baby in her hammock in the bedroom, sleeping on her chest, while Goose reads a book. SO CUTE!
The week has gone too quickly for me. I think of how fast time has gone with Goose, and it scares me to death to have it go so fast with baby sis. We are trying to enjoy every minute, even if it does mean the house is a little dirtier than it should be, or that baby is getting held more than some would deem "healthy".

2 comments:
ah you make me cry, those girls of yours are just wonderful! I love the pictures thanks for sharing, I love hearing about your journey as a "new" mom again! keep on writing its awesome ;)
I love the one of pep laying on her! cute!
Post a Comment