Last week turned out more eventful than I had known it would be. I had my doc appt on Tuesday and my blood pressure was a little high... again. My doctor didn't want to press matters, so decided that Friday morning we would report to the hospital (at 4 a.m.) to have a baby.
Things went, for the most part, really well and once water was broken, we had a new little girl in 2 1/2 hours.
She is tiny and skinny and already has daddy wrapped around her finger. 6 pounds even, 20 inches long, and more hair than we expected, coming from us! Goose is so happy that she "doesnt' have to pretend to be happy if its a boy".


There's a super proud papa, and Goose decided to share brownies with us all while we were away from home (the paper from the hospital said to take comfort items, so she snuck brownies into my hospital bag.)


She's SOOO happy to have a sister! (We'll see how long it lasts)


Getting her first bath in the nursery. As all newborns, she just LOVES being naked (serious sarcasm added). The nurses at the hospital were all great and made everything much nicer than it could have been.



Pepper had to meet her new sister as soon as we got home. It is so funny. Pep is so protective. If baby is in her bouncy seat and makes any noise, pep is the first there. She lays by baby, sniffs her all the time, and just seems to love her. Just wait until baby is old enough to pull tails and ears!
There's a super proud papa, and Goose decided to share brownies with us all while we were away from home (the paper from the hospital said to take comfort items, so she snuck brownies into my hospital bag.)
She's SOOO happy to have a sister! (We'll see how long it lasts)
Getting her first bath in the nursery. As all newborns, she just LOVES being naked (serious sarcasm added). The nurses at the hospital were all great and made everything much nicer than it could have been.
Pepper had to meet her new sister as soon as we got home. It is so funny. Pep is so protective. If baby is in her bouncy seat and makes any noise, pep is the first there. She lays by baby, sniffs her all the time, and just seems to love her. Just wait until baby is old enough to pull tails and ears!
We've waited a long time for her, and just love her to death! Its amazing how much I have changed and learned over the years, and how much more patient I am with some things. Not that I would do things MUCH different than I did with Goose, but I am also more mellow in some ways. I hope we can live up to what Heavenly Father expects of us with her.
We love both our girls so much and are so grateful for them.

2 comments:
You are totally emotionally open (I think thats the opposite of inept lol) this was so sweet to read, she is so gosh darn beautiful Ben is so lucky to have such wonderful girls in his family, all FOUR of you ;) I cant wait to see her and give her kisses with my germ free mouth (haha) that is so sweet that goose gave you brownies to take with you, just goes to show she isnt the "awesome" tween you think she is becoming, that was very thoughtful of her. I love you guys so much, thanks for putting all this in print so I dont have to bug you for details all the time.
Congrats Ben & Jen! She is beautiful!! I am so happy for you all! How wonderful!!!
Love ya!
Post a Comment