Wednesday, October 20, 2010

More Random

Here are some more random insights into our life. We are pretty casual, so we have to be caught in our pj's! I can't believe how little baby still was. She seems so big now. In the next couple of weeks, she will seem HUGE compared to my friend's brand new baby (we are going to work on getting her little one to drop next week... lol)







Goose is so silly. This mask has been "put away" for a long time. She had so much fun with it. I am a huge fan of putting some toys, etc. away for a while so they are fun and new again when they are pulled back out.












Hmmmm.... I wonder what she's contemplating so hard in her sleep? (actually, she just can't keep keep her hands out of her mouth. Prefers that over binky, of course!)


Goose is such a great big sister. She helps out with baby so much. This time she decided to be nice and let me study and went to change baby's diaper. This is what she brought out. Luckily she laughed and thought it was funny when I pointed out that we needed to adjust things so we didn't end up with a big.... mess.... lol.






Poor Pep. Goose will never stop thinking that they are sisters and sisters pick on each other. The poor dog ends up in some seriously interesting situations. I can never bring myself to yell at pep if she nips at Goose, seeing all the "fun" she gets to deal with at her "sister's" hands!



Now for a cute big sis story. The other day Ben picked up baby so I could try and study for once for my midterms. He came at 1:30 and just brought her home when he got home around 6:45. Goose got home from school at normal time and after a while asked where baby was, and I said she would be gone all afternoon. After about 45 minutes, Goose said, "Its really, really quiet in here without baby. I miss her." A while later, she came to me and said, "Its really lonely without baby. When is dad bringing her back?" and an hour or so later, "Its so quiet in here without baby. Its too quiet. I don't like it." She missed her little sis so much and I thought it was one of the cutest things ever. Sometimes I know Goose struggles with being kicked out of the only position, and sharing mom and dad with a baby sis, but she loves her. Its nice to know that at least for now, she likes the baby and misses her when she's gone. Maybe someday she will want kids of her own again someday! (but not for many, many years!)

0 comments: