Monday, December 15, 2008

Thank you Ben!


Ben is soo good to me. I am obsessed with food storage and trying to get what we need (no, we aren't there yet...). He is really nice to let me go to the cannery once a month and spend his hard earned money. The boxes were slowly taking over the garage so Ben decided to make some shelves. I LOVE THEM! He did such a great job. The funny part is that he thought we would only fill the shelves about 2/3 full. When he would say this, I would just smile. Nope. They are completely full and then there is more waiting for a home. It was good to get it all up there. It was definitely time to inventory, and if anyone needs quick oats, we are willing to trade!!! I guess they were the cheapest thing for a while so we have plenty. I love my shelves. Thank you Ben!

4 comments:

Brad + Lauren said...

That is so awesome!! I wish we were able to go more food storage. I would hate to have to mooch off the parents.
I am so excited for you guys to get here this christmas is going to be awesome! I got a bunch of stuff to make christmas sugar cookies as well, it will be a fun afternoon.
Love you sis

Bethany said...

Jen, you are amazing. You're gonna have the whole neighborhood there wanting a handout when hard times come.

Women Afire said...

Wow - I'm impressed!!! Dang - we are so behind the ball on food storage. We had it going for awhile, but then found that we were in a situation where we had to use most of it up. So, we're trying to rebuild, but - I haven't been dedicated . . . . and Jon just leaves that up to me. So ;(. Great job!!! I wish you lived closer so that when emergency comes, we know where to go ;) ha! Merry Christmas! Love you.

Teresa said...

Jen, You are so organized!! I need you to come help me organize my food storage, it is a mess!! I miss you!! Ashley misses Caitlin, she always when she can go and play with her again. I tell her don't worry school will be starting again and we will have PLENTY of studying to do!! Hope you have a happy new year!!