Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Salt Lake House

Poor Bradley. He heals fairly fast and his skin got SO irritated with the staples. You can see how red and annoyed his incisions are. The long one down the belly button was where they pulled out his poor kidney. The 3 small ones were for the endoscopic tools.
This is most of my incision line. Pretty, huh! Wish I were still that skinny!!!!


Another blow for Bradley. It was his birthday a week after the surgery. He did get a super yummy chocolate cake from Costco.
This is the house where we stayed in Salt Lake. It was really nice and big, had a nice backyard, and the bedrooms were big. Most of the time we had the house to ourselves, which was SO nice.



I brought some puzzles to help with things to do since Mom and I were supposed to be there for 2 weeks after I got out of the hospital. Everyone seemed to take their turns with the puzzles... EVEN GRANDPA!





Isn't that just an Alberts thing? Both boys on the laptops, and Dad's cheek full of seeds. Something everyone but Mom eats (even Goose LOVES seeds and steals my so good flavored ones).






I had some wonderful and thoughtful family and friends that sent me flowers (THANK YOU SO MUCH!) and Bradley wanted to know why he didn't get any. Mom fixed that for him.





When Ben and Goose came down to visit, we got to go visit temple square and tour the conference center. The great sister who took us through the conference center was nice enough to get a picture of us on top of the center and in front of the Salt Lake temple. What a great reminder of what is really important!



Both Dad and Mom taking their turns on the puzzle. (This one was pretty hard!)











Doesn't that SMALL pizza just look SO appetizing? Ben got that from a store in SL and decided to NEVER get a pizza that big again!
I was SO glad they had houses available to stay in. It would have been SO hard to stay in a motel for two weeks. They just about didn't let us in the house because we had Caitlyn with us and "no children were allowed". My transplant coordinator had assured us that it wouldn't be a problem to stay in the houses, so when they pulled that on us at check in, I said, Uh uh. I called the coordinator (on a Sunday night at about 6) and made her straighten it out. Lets not mention it was General Conference week (it was that coming weekend) so ALL the hotels were completely booked. Mom and I really had some fun down in SL after everyone ditched us. Got to go to Welfare Square, temple square, Tai Pan traders (Woohoo!), the chocolate factory, SO much fun!

3 comments:

Jared and Amy said...

Great blog (journal entry!!)
Everyone in Utah LOVES "the pie"

Rachel said...

Oh I LOVE the pie too...except you reek like garlic for a week afterwards. And I sent Bradley flowers too...because he is so sweet!

Ben & Jen said...

Rachel, you are so right! I should have written it all down during and after it happened. Sorry I missed you on flowers for him. You were so great to do that from across the world! Love you!